Wednesday, May 10, 2006

House and Home II

One pound of tilapia filets, gone. Clamoring for more. I'll try 2 pounds next time. Does anyone know where to get fish cheap?

Anyway, here's the recipe:

1. Put tilapia filets in a bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, minced garlic (one small clove per pound of fish?) and Italian seasoning (I used dried basil and oregano that I bought at the farmer's market a couple of years ago; it was like $1 per cup of the stuff; that's crazy prices).

2. Gently stir contents of bowl to coat filets with oil and seasonings. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F.

3. After 30 minutes, put filets on baking sheet and put in oven. Cook 20-30 minutes until done.

This goes pretty well with anything. We had black beans and Thai soup that I discovered in the pantry at the last minute. 6 big filets, gone. I had to give half of mine away.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My recommendation:
1) The Chattahoochee
2) DeKalb Farmer's Market

Just as an aside to the whole 'Hooch comment, the Park Service is hosting a Kids Fishing Event the Saturday before Father's Day, complete with tackle and bait, all for free. Gotta reserve in advance, though. I'm thinking of taking Sam. The # is 6/538-1200 if yer interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home