Thursday, May 04, 2006

House and Home

About six months ago, the boys and I went to Zaxby's for dinner. My wife had gone out for book club or scrapbooking (I always tell the boys that she's gone to a "mommy party") and we were left to fend for ourselves.

We got a 15 pack of chicken fingers (actually one 10 pack and one 5 pack, for you purists out there) and one order of fries. When we were done, each of the boys had fries left on his plate, and there were about 5 chicken fingers left over for my lunch the next day.

Tonight, I got a 20 pack of fingers and two orders of fries (my wife got a salad). The fries ran out early and left both Timothy and Stephen fighting over what I could spare. Timothy, Stephen, and Jonah all asked for seconds (Stephen actually asked for 2 more chicken fingers) and ate it all. There were only three chicken fingers left, due solely to my wife kicking the boys upstairs to get ready for bed.

They are 8, 6, 5, and 2, and they already eat like crazy. We're approaching a box of Pop Tarts or Cereal every day, a bag of chips every two days, and two loaves of bread a week. I can't keep bananas on the counter, because Stephen, Jonah, and Sam will just walk up, take one, and eat it (and leave the peel someplace for a suprise discovery later).

Can you imagine what this is going to be like in 5 or 10 years down the road? What if they bring friends over? I need more jobs.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, i'd like to say - congratulations. It's much more enjoyable to MMO on a clear conscience.
Second - I understand Christine is being "recruited" for a mommy party of some such or other. Your wifey wouldn't have something to do with this by any chance?

Third - I think you guys are going to enjoy the veggie co-op. No pop tarts, though (although our turn to decide what to order is September, and i may try to make a case for frosted Strawberry...).

And, finally... hey! I'm in Blog-o-rama-palooza!!!!! I have arrived. Now if you could just get your IT dept. to correct the spelling of your blog roll. And circusfrog is one word just fyi. Not that i'm complaining! I really do feel the love. And stuff. [where'd i put my donut...??]

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Because I Said So said...

Saturday morning breakfast at our house--
1-dozen eggs
2lbs bacon
15 biscuits
1 gallon orange juice

Every night for dinner we drink a gallon of tea(decaff of course).

If we all eat sandwiches at the same time we use an entire loaf of bread.

We can only eat at restaurants now on kids eat free night without having to take out a second mortgage.
My boys have reached the grocery bag for lunch stage.
Kids ages-- 38, 11, 9, 6, 3
I feel your pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home