Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Out of hand . . .

When I started this thing back in September of last year, I originally did so for 3 reasons:
  1. A personal diary - I had always wanted to keep a diary of the boys' early years, something to show them when they were older (and maybe had kids of their own). But my handwriting is awful, and I never found the time to buy and keep a journal, etc. Since I'm sitting on my brains all day in front of a computer anyway, this seemed like a good way to do it.
  2. Writing practice - I need to practice, really I do. And this is a fun way to do it.
  3. Toe in the door - as I mention in my first entry/post, I had an email address pretty early on (relative to the rest of the world, not to you nerds out there). My best friend and I were emailing each other daily back in '93 or so, and I hung onto that account for a long time. I figured blogs might be the same way: fun for now, but essential later on. Besides, I lack neither opinions nor willingness to share them.
I never thought other people would actually be reading this stuff.

To date, I have directly emailed 3 people about this: my wife, my mom, and my sister. So it's a little surprising to find out that all sorts of people are here, reading what I scribble down between phone calls and diaper changes.

What's really surprising is that I'm now getting linked to by a real blog. I'll get over this eventually, but I may celebrate by going out to dinner tonight.

So, to all of you, known and unknown: welcome. Enjoy the show. I promise more poop stories and existential Dad meanderings to come.

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Becki said...

I TOLD you you ought to write a book!!! Love you, Mom

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Hey...

I read your blog too... Makes me smile! Can't wait to have "A" (!) kid... keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home