Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm back . . . kinda

Well, no sooner do I get my law school application in, than I break my wrist.

Hm? Yes, I said I broke my wrist. Technically, it's a "fracture." But I've never broken a bone before and . . .

Oh that? Yeah. I applied to law school. To be specific, I've applied to Georgia State University College of Law. That's one of the reasons I haven't been writing much here. In March I decided to give it a shot, so from March to June I was studying for the LSAT. From June until yesterday I was writing my 2-page Personal Statement.

Ugh. Personal Statement writing is not blog writing. I can't make fun of myself. I can't write about poop or boogers. Nobody on the GSU Law admissions board smiles knowingly when they read the word "Jonah." It's hard, hard stuff to write.

So for the past 3 months or so I've either been writing my statement (5 format changes, scores of different versions), or else been so sick of the keyboard that I couldn't stand to type another word.

I also had a month-long writer's block.

And I was all set to start blogging again, and with such great stories, what with the boys all in high school now (just kidding). Then I broke my wrist. And my typing speed went from 70+ wpm down to 7. I type with one hand, while the other rests angrily on the desktop.

Hunt . . . peck . . . hunt . . . peck . . . aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Four to six weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home