Wednesday, September 27, 2006

For A Moment

So I'm standing in my kitchen, reading the trial issue of Cook's Illustrated that they send me about twice a year to tempt me (I haven't given in yet, but oh man! is it difficult to resist). In the background I'm half listening to the new John Mayer CD while making hamburgers, tater tots and broccoli for dinner. And I'm so happy.

More than happy, I'm content. I've been this way for a while now, so long that I've stopped waiting for the other shoe to drop. Changes will come, some good, some bad, but I hope I can keep this attitude.

That's all.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, every once in a while, i get this sliver of hope for your contribution to musical posterity from something you may say on Taste Test Thursday.

And then you toss it on the compost pile by buying, listening AND enjoying John Mayer.

Good thing i believe in perseverance of the saints; otherwise it'd keep me up at nights.
-k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home