Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Microsoft

I rebuilt my wife's computer today, starting from scratch and formatting all the drives. It had gone a long time without anti-virus and -spyware, and with the kids using it, who knows what was on there.

So I wiped it out and reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro, SP3 from CD. After installing, I went to the Microsoft Windows update site to get all the updates. Here's the list of updates:
  • Critical updates and Service Packs - 50
  • Windows 2000 - 13
  • Drivers - 1
Fifty critical updates! How long, oh Jerusalem? How long?

I've already switched her over to Firefox and Tunderbird. I probably won't reinstall Microsoft Office back on there, but will use OpenOffice instead. I'll let you know how it goes.

If I ever get some money, she's getting a Mac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home